Badgers Swimpools in Prairie du Sac, WI, a market leader in aquatic facilities throughout the Midwest and beyond, is looking for a hands on, dedicated individual to join the Accounting Management Department.
- The Accountant will manage the general ledger, including the preparation of journal entries, account analysis and balance sheet reconciliation to ensure complete, accurate and timely financial statements in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Direct the accuracy and timely day-to-day activities of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, cash disbursements and cost accounting.
- Coordinate with external auditors ensuring information is available, accurate and timely for annual review
- Monitor collections of past due accounts
- Maintain fixed assets and associated depreciation schedules
- Ensure filing deadlines are met for all multistate tax filings, including personal property taxes and sales and use tax, along with business licenses
- Solicit insurance bids, update and maintain rates, allocate cost and oversee audits
- Review all contracts for compliance
- Ensure all office equipment is operational including computer hardware, software, phones, copiers and printers
- Maintain and update company website
- Back up and support for Payroll, Human Resources and general office activities
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to GAAP
- Highly proficient with accounting software
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Knowledge of Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate accounting software helpful, but not required
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Five years of Accounting experience preferred
- Prior experience in Construction or similar industry preferred
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or carry office items weighing up to twenty pounds
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of the position. Incumbents may be required to perform other job related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.